This track is a musical and lyrical take on my trip to the Cardigan Bay area, Wales in April 2022. It was a lovely change of pace for us and a chance to explore nature and the incredible scenery this area has in abundance. Towns such as Lampeter, Aberaeron and Cardigan were also great escapes and combined culture, with fantastic cakes and crafts.
The photos in the video are all taken by me, except for the ones of McCowan’s Café, Vlad-Art and Crwst Café, which generously gave me their permission to use in this video.
We’d thoroughly recommend the following places that we visited during our stay in Mid-West Wales:
- Coedmor Cottages in Lampeter was our delightful accommodation and picturesque base for our holiday.
- Dinefwr historic house and nature reserve is a National Trust propery and also contains an ancient castle.
- McCowans Coffee Shop in Aberaeron serves wonderful cake.
- Llanerchaeron villa is owned by the National Trust and has a lovely walled garden and parklands.
- Mwnt is a very picturesque hill by the sea and is a National Trust property.
- Vlad-Art is an incredible artist with a shop in the centre of Cardigan.
- Crwst breakfasts, cakes and products (especially the honey butter) are a must if near Cardigan.
- Welsh Wildife Centre & Teifi Marshes have plenty of great walks and wildlife to watch out for.
- National Botanical Gardens of Wales were sensational, especially combined with the Birds of Prey Centre.